Related Guide Picks
The Bottom Line
- Diagrams to help us visualize.
- Easy to understand language.
- Worksheets to help us plan.
- Some calculations may be difficult for beginners.
- Advice about vapor barriers and suggestions regarding the exchange of fresh air.
- Ideas for exterior design, floorplans, and tips for the home's placement on the building site.
- Options for backup heating and cooling.
- Includes a technique for constructing a Solar Slab to collect and store the sun's warmth.
Guide Review - "The Passive Solar House" -by James Kachadorian
Materials used are all ordinary supplies. Techniques can be adapted to any climate. The numerous illustrations do a great job of supporting the text, helping us visualize exactly how the components of a passive solar home work.
Mr. Kachadorian has also included worksheets and formulas to help each of us design a home to our exact specifications. An excellent resource for anyone who wishes to learn more about passive solar homes.