Short Sales / Foreclosures
By Elizabeth Weintraub, About.com Guide
At the time of writing, Elizabeth Weintraub, DRE # 00697006, is a Broker-Associate at Lyon Real Estate in Sacramento, California.
The fundamentals behind a short sale, why lenders accept short sale purchase offers, tax consequences to short sale sellers and benefits to sellers and buyers to negotiate short sales. How short sales affect seller's credit.
- Buying Distressed Homes in Default
- How to Do a Short Sale
- Before Buying a Short Sale
- Short Sales vs. REO Foreclosures
- The Benefits to Sellers for a Short Sale
- Short Sale Tax Consequences
- How Short Sales Affect Credit
- Buying For Sale By Owner Short Sales
- Buy a Short Sale or Wait for Foreclosure to Happen?
- The Main Reason to Sell as a Short Sale
- How to Qualify for Short Sales
- How to Find Short Sales
- 11 Reasons Not to Buy a Short Sale
- Will a Short Sale Ruin Credit?
- How Short Sales Affect Neighborhood Values
- Buying a Home Again After Going Through Foreclosure
- What Happens With Two Mortgages on a Short Sale
- Why So Many Subprime Mortgage Lenders Do Short Sales
- How to Find a Short Sale Buyer's Agent
- Will the HAFA Short Sale Program Work For You?
All about foreclosures, the risks and the profits. Whether you're an investor or first-time home buyer, foreclosures can be a great deal, but not without substantial risk and work. Here's how to protect yourself as a buyer or seller.
- An Overview of Foreclosures
- How Foreclosures Work
- Ways to Stop a Foreclosure
- How to Find Foreclosures
- The Downside of Buying Foreclosures
- The Fall of Subprime Lenders
- Buying Homes With Bad Credit
- How to Compare Foreclosures to Short Sales
- The Foreclosure Impact on Area Home Values
- How a Foreclosure Affects Your Credit Rating
- The Tax Consequences of Foreclosures
- Should You Buy and Bail?
- How to Avoid Foreclosure Rescue Scams
- How to Buy Bank-Owned Homes
- Help for Abandoned Foreclosure Pets
- How Owners Strip Foreclosure Homes
- How to Get Cash For Keys
- Types of Home Owners Who Walk Away
- 8 Tips for Buying REO Foreclosures
- Why Some REO Banks Won't Sell to You