Today's tree-lined streets of Land Park rose from their dusty Gold Rush days, founded by names such as Swanston, Marshall, Cavanaugh, Caruthers, Wright and Kimbrough. Land south of the Zoo was first developed by John Sutter and known as Sutterville. Many landmarks such as the Sutterville Brewery, Riverside Swimming Baths, Edmonds Field and The Land Park Plunge have long ago been demolished. William Land (1837-1911) gave the 166-acre park to the city in 1926.
At the time of writing, Elizabeth Weintraub, DRE # 00697006, is a Broker-Associate at Lyon Real Estate in Sacramento, California.