Home Selling Information
More About Home Selling
How to Measure and Calculate Residential Square Footage
Using Your Measurements to Calculate Square Footage
Most calculations will involve squares, rectangles and triangles.
© Janet Wickell
Squares and RectanglesMultiply length times width to find the number of square feet in a square or rectangular room. Remember to calculate unfinished areas and deduct them from the total.
To calculate the area of a triangle, multiply its base length by its height and divide that figure by two.
- Make a Sketch of the Home
- Measuring Guidelines for Special Circumstances
- Using Your Measurements to Calculate Square Footage
- Calculating Combination Shapes
- Calculating Circular Shapes and Octagons