Home Selling Information
More About Home Selling
How to Measure and Calculate Residential Square Footage
Using Your Measurements to Calculate Square Footage
Squares and RectanglesMultiply length times width to find the number of square feet in a square or rectangular room. Remember to calculate unfinished areas and deduct them from the total.
To calculate the area of a triangle, multiply its base length by its height and divide that figure by two.
- Make a Sketch of the Home
- Measuring Guidelines for Special Circumstances
- Using Your Measurements to Calculate Square Footage
- Calculating Combination Shapes
- Calculating Circular Shapes and Octagons